My Mission
I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.
Sunday, August 3, 2014
Blood tests are in...
Drum roll please.....ba da da da dum... I'm allergic to this planet. This spring I started to get really sick. Basically it took every ounce of strength and energy to get out of my bed for only 4 hours a day and the time spent awake was a constant hell! I called my mom up and told her I needed help or I didn't think there was much time left for me on this earth. I went up to Salt Lake and met with Dr. Darren Scott a thyroid specialist. He was quite shocked to see my blood test results because my antibodies were almost 300!!! They should never go past single digits and should be much much lower if you don't eat gluten. He said it was likely my numbers were in the 800's when I did consume wheat. He also checked my adrenal glands and they were in the last stage before they shut down completely. Yikes! High antibodies are caused by food allergies. Who knew that food allergies could shut your organs down??? I guess instead of attacking my lungs and skin like most allergic reactions, it was attacking my pancreas, intestines, liver, kidneys, thyroid, adrenal glands and even progressed to some parts of my brain. Did you know that there about 18 foods that trick your body into thinking its gluten? Weird right?! Eggs, yeast, corn, millet, coffee and dairy all react like gluten in my body and trick my body into attacking healthy tissue. It's called cross-reactivity. There's a lab called Cyrex that can confirm what's causing your inflammatory response. Since getting these results two months ago, I have followed a strict diet. I only eat chicken grilled in olive oil and seasoned with salt, some veggies, some fruits and some nuts. Nothing processed, no dressings, no seasonings, no sugar, no caffine, no grains, eggs, dairy, corn, peppers or tomatoes. Also, for the first month I took a product called repairvite, which is suppose to help heal the intestinal villi damaged from the gluten allergy. The second month, I took a product called clearvite which is super awesome. It has 1,000ish% of vitamin B that doesn't turn your pee bright yellow because you actually absorb it. Other supplements I've been taking are vitamin D, fish oil, and a blend of herbs that kill parasites. Within this short period of time, I feel like a completely new person. I sleep 8-10 hours a day instead of the 14-18 and I feel well enough that I can actually get a job!!! I'll have to do this diet for the rest of my life. It actually doesn't bother me. I don't have any cravings or miss food. Seriously, someone could eat a doughnut in front of me and I wouldn't care. I think it's because I am eating how the body is meant to eat. The thought of junk food makes me ill. In fact, I had some almond butter with a little honey and even that made me so sick because its junk food. If you've gone gluten free and still have negative symptoms, I highly recommend doing the cross-reactivity test. It could be your answer. Who knew allergies could be such a bugger?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment