I've been known to get the occasional zit from time to time but never 47 of them all at once! (maybe when I was a teen but definitely not at 28!) They're also not discriminatory as they are on my arms, my back and my chest.
What the heck man?!
I've gained 5 lbs even though I'm only eating 1500 calories a day. Also Mother Nature skipped her present this month. (I'm celibate.) The signs all point to something messing with my hormones...... What could that be? Possibly hormone injected animal products?? The USDA and FDA both admit there is residual hormones in meat products and claim that they are safe to eat. But who's to say they aren't lying? If you had a product that could make you billions but also possibly could make others sick would you claim your product to be safe? What if you knew no one could shut you down because the labs conducting the research all work for you?
I just finished a book called Quantum Wellness. It's about the science that everything is made up of a vibrating energy. Every thought you have has a vibration. Every emotion has a vibration. Your whole being has a vibration. If this is true than an animal who has been treated poorly is embedded with negative vibrational energy and when eaten that vibration becomes a part of you. When I went vegan it was for the sole purpose of better physical health. I didn't do it for the animals sake or to feel connected to the earth. I was amazed though when I experienced a significant change. I felt a deep abiding respect for the earth and all living things. I was consumed with love for life and all of God's creations. There was a sudden emotional connection and oneness to the world that I have never felt before. I wonder if it was because I stopped gorging on hormone drenched meats. Or maybe it had something to do with not consuming negative vibrational energy.
I never thought about where meat comes from. I guess I thought dear Betsy the cow lived with Old McDonald on a cozy farm with a bright red barn to call her own. After dear sweet Betsy lives a long fruitful life she is taken to a state of the art cow hotel and served her favorite 5 star meal and then while being sung her favorite lullaby she is quickly and painlessly taken from this world. I wish this were true. Instead I learned the horrible truth. Sweet Betsy lives in a over packed feedlot inside a warehouse. Her hooves aren't designed to stand on concrete floors. She has developed inflamed legs and cannot walk. She's feed an unnatural diet and has severe digestive problems. Her skin was scorched with no pain killers to dull the ache. She's artificially inseminated once a year to keep her milk production going. She injected with 6 types of hormones, some of which are synthetic to make her produce 100 lbs of milk a day. These hormones have caused an infection in her breast and she has mastitis. She's given antibiotics but no pain medication. Once her precious baby is born he is quickly taken away. Betsy's baby is put into a small crate not large enough to move around in so that his muscle will atrophy and won't be tough to chew. Bestys baby boy spends 4 months of his life in this crate and can't stand due to his muscles wasting away. He is drug by a rope around his neck to the slaughter house where his vocal cords are ripped out so that he won't scream when he is skinned alive!!!! Betsy is a tad bit luckier. Her body can't take any more abuse and she is sent to the slaughterhouse where she is stun gunned until she can't move. She's then hung upside down while still concious. Her artery is sliced open and she hangs there without pain killers until she bleeds to death. Other animals face the same kind of cruelty. Chickens live in extremely small cages with so many other chickens that they can't move. They have their beaks cut off so they can't take out aggression on each other and live in complete darkness. They're also given hormones and a unnatural diet.
Why do we do this? Is it tradition? Is it greed? Is it having witnessed and done so many horrific things that we become numb? I can't even comprehend hunters who find joy in purposely inflicting pain and taking the life of a living being. And then they mount the head to the wall. Isn't that the same thing as ancient tribes that would mount their enemies decapitated heads on a stick? It's all for status. It's barbaric. It's sick. It's making us sick. I don't want to be the annoying animal rights activist that drives everyone away. I just want people to wake up and to say no to whats wrong. I'm not saying eating meat is wrong. I'm saying that supporting an industry that is poisoning you while abusing animals is wrong. All I want is for people to be happy and healthy. I think animals deserve that too.
Why do we do this? Is it tradition? Is it greed? Is it having witnessed and done so many horrific things that we become numb? I can't even comprehend hunters who find joy in purposely inflicting pain and taking the life of a living being. And then they mount the head to the wall. Isn't that the same thing as ancient tribes that would mount their enemies decapitated heads on a stick? It's all for status. It's barbaric. It's sick. It's making us sick. I don't want to be the annoying animal rights activist that drives everyone away. I just want people to wake up and to say no to whats wrong. I'm not saying eating meat is wrong. I'm saying that supporting an industry that is poisoning you while abusing animals is wrong. All I want is for people to be happy and healthy. I think animals deserve that too.


No comments:
Post a Comment