My Mission

I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Plank Wins Gold!!!

I've been doing the 30 day plank challenge.  I'm only on day 13 and I can't believe the results.  The other day when I got out of the shower I was shocked when I realized that I couldn't find any cellulite.  BOOM Baby!   I used to be a cardio junkie and ran 56 miles a week once upon a time.  Even though I was 35 lbs smaller then and super fit I still had cellulite.  Almost 2 weeks of doing the plank and I am wearing the same size of clothes I was wearing when I was 35 lbs smaller.  I was curious so I checked my body fat percentage.  It has drop by 11% and its exactly the same as when I was a cardio junkie.  Here's the awesome thing, I spend about 1 minute a day doing the plank and 1 minute a day holding 90 degree squat.  I'm getting better results working out 2 minutes a day then when I was running 8 miles a day!!  I'm loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment