My Mission

I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

30 Day Raw Vegan Challenge

  I just finished up my 30 day challenge and the results are in.
Day 14 to day 30 data-
Mean blood sugars- 144
Mean insulin dose- 9 units fast acting and 4 units long acting per day
Mean carb intake-100 grams per day

  According to my data from the last 16 days, my insulin dosage didn't change meaning that my pancreas didn't show signs of reversing.  Overall, I feel that adding more vegetables and some fruits and nuts to my diet did help my health.  My plan now is to stick to a Paleo based diet concentrating on high fiber vegies and up my exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment