Here are the updates folks,
The negatives-
I've had low energy and concentration problems. School has become increasingly difficult because I feel major brain fog. I can't concentrate for very long and am extremely forgetful. I have to think about how to do simple tasks such as turn on my car radio. Over the past week, I added more fats to my diet and it has helped me concentrate a little better. I have had low energy the last couple of weeks. Last night, I slept for 15 hours. In high school I was a vegetarian for a year and towards the end I was diagnosed as extremely anemic. Whenever metal touched my skin it would turn my skin black. I remember playing tic tac toe in church by drawing on my skin using a ring. When I started eating meat again my skin stopped reacting to metal. Some people say this isn't an accurate test to tell if you are iron deficient or not but for me it coincides with my blood tests too well to not have any correlation. My recent symptoms have matched up with how I felt when I was iron deficient in high school and I decided to try my at home anemic test.
*If you wear makeup, metal will likely have a reaction and cause a
black line to appear. To double check, I also tested my arms and had the same reaction.
Because I have the symptoms of a iron deficiency I decided to indulge in some chicken today. I'm hoping that will provide me with enough iron to last a couple more weeks as I still plan on following the raw vegan for 2 more weeks.
The Positives -
My skin has become clear and vibrant. I've lost 10 lbs and I'm getting a lot of compliments that I look good. I'm also able to digest food well. Despite having low energy I have the desire to work out. I sleep better at night and don't require naps during the day. My insulin needs has decreased slightly. Before I needed 1 unit for every 10 carbs that I ate, now I need 1 unit for every 15 carbs that I eat.
Day 1 through Day 13 Data
Average blood sugar- 131
Average carbohydrate instake-100 carbs per day
Average Insulin dose-7 units fast acting insulin and 3 units long lasting per day
Average caloric intake-1,579
Typical meal plan-
Breakfast- 1 avocado, 1 tomato, 1 green pepper and a protein shake
Lunch- 2 large carrots, Celery, 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup pecans, 1/2 cup spinach and a protein shake
Dinner- 1 avocado, 1/4 cup cauliflower, 1/4 cup broccoli, some type of fruit and a protein shake
My Mission
I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.


No comments:
Post a Comment