My Mission

I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Why Not Insulin? My Goal and My Plan

Why not just take insulin?  First, I don't like how its made.  Insulin is made synthetically by adding DNA into bacteria and yeast and letting it reproduce then killing off the bacteria and yeast.  Second, insulin is a inflammatory hormone that progresses disease.  Third, it is the hormone responsible for storing fat.  Fourth,  I don't like to cover up disease with a bandaid.  I really feel that you should fix the problem and not sweep it under the rug with medications. Fifth, it's expensive.  And last,  I hate constantly worrying if I took too much or too little.   Things that used to be enjoyable are painful now.  Going to the lake with my friends is nerve wracking.  I worry that I might have an insulin reaction and pass out with no one knowing what to do.  I worry that I didn't take enough and I'll feel sick.  I worry that the hospital is too far away and how I will get there.  I wonder if I swam too much and need some extra carbohydrates.
  My Goal-  I don't expect my pancreas to heal 100%.  I would just like to feel healthy again.  I would like to enjoy time with my friends and not have to leave early because I feel light headed.  I want to go to school and not worry about taking my glucose meter with me.  I DON'T want to be cured so that I can go binge on donuts and ice cream.  I would like to attend my friends birthday party and not have ask for a nutrition menu and worry if the chef put extra dressing on my salad.  I'd like to occasionally go out to eat and not worry about the effect it will have on my blood sugars.
My Plan- I want to try eating raw vegan for a month to see what happens.  After I plan on staying on a Paleo/gluten free diet that focuses on raw organic.  I plan on adding meats sparingly and avoiding inflammation trigger foods.  I plan on doing this for the rest of my life with the occasional "It's my birthday, I'll have a half cup of frozen yogurt and pay for it the next couple of days."

No comments:

Post a Comment