My Mission

I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day One of Raw Organic Vegan Diet

 
  When I think of Vegan, I think of this guy.  I never would have thought in a million years I would become a vegan, especially a raw organic one.  I saw a documentary called "Simply Raw, Reversing Diabetes In 30 Days."  You can watch it on Youtube.  At first I was disappointed because the applicants were all Type 2.  At the very end its revealed that one of the applicants was actually Type 1 and did indeed reverse his diabetes by eating a raw diet.  That gave me hope.
  I had my appendix out 5 days ago and I wasn't up for grocery shopping.  Instead I hopped online and found a raw organic vegan shake that met all my criteria.  All I ask for is that my shake be GMO free, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, food coloring free, sugar free, artificial sweetener free, multi-level marketing free, no artificial flavoring, raw, and organic.  Within minutes I found this lovely stuff.  It meets all my requirements and I feel like I won twenty times over.  The price isn't too bad either.  It was $22 and I quickly found it at my local health food store.
  The taste isn't too great and the consistency looks like slimy poo (probably due to ground up chia seeds).  However, since being diagnosed eating for me became a survival thing instead of an enjoyment thing.  I purely eat to survive so I could care less about taste, smell and texture.  My friend said that she tried this shake a year ago and it made her sick.  Probably due to the amount of probiotics and the detoxing effect it had on her body.
  I decided today that I wasn't going to take any insulin.  My blood sugar before eating the shake was 140.  After 30 minutes it was 132 and 2 hours later it was 108.  It has 17 carbs per serving and I should have needed roughly 2 units of insulin for the carbs plus 2 units of insulin to correct my blood sugar of 140 when I ate.  I decided to risk it and take no insulin with my shake.  Like I said my blood sugar dropped 32 points.  According to my Doctor my blood sugar should have raised.  Maybe this is proof that my pancreas is still producing insulin.  Boom Baby! I'm surprised that I'm already experiencing results.  I'm excited to see what happens over the next month.  I plan on making vegetable shakes as soon as I feel up to shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment