My Mission

I'm on a mission. A mission to reverse Type 1 Diabetes. I refuse to believe that injecting myself with synthetic hormones is the only way. I refuse to believe that God didn't create another way. Call me crazy, tell me that I'm in denial. We all know there is no cure......... or is there? My Endocrinologist personally told me I would have this disease the rest of my life and that I would require insulin or I would die. She has 10 years of schooling so who am I to think I know more than her? However of that 10 years of schooling she was required only a 25 hour long class in nutrition. You can easily learn everything your Dr. knows about nutrition in one week. Those "facts" Doctors learn in their nutrition classes are based off what the Government deems is healthy. I've always believed the Government would do no harm and thought they knew what they were talking about. For every article you read on the Internet there are thousands of articles that claim the opposite. The only way to know the truth is to try it out for yourself. I've tried several diets in hopes to reverse my diabetes. One was successful for a short run. Here I'll document my personal experiments. My journey isn't over. I'm going to keep searching till I find out what works.

Friday, October 18, 2013

The Raw Vegan Diet and Diabetes

  I'm quite happy with the Paleo diet however I would like to explore and see if I can find a diet that will reverse my diabetes.  I've heard about two type 1 diabetics who have reversed their disease by eating a raw vegan diet.  This will be hard because meat, sour cream and cheese are daily staples in my diet.  The raw vegan is suppose to be rich in enzymes which somehow reverse diabetes.  I also wonder if it reverses the disease because it is a anti-inflammatory diet that takes out most trigger foods.  Or if it is because it kills yeast.  I wish I had a lot of spare mula that I could go get blood tests done before to find out all that will change in my body.  All I know is that I'm willing to do what it takes to live a healthy life.  Will keep an update on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment